conFUsioN meTEr
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention..."


Friday, June 09, 2006

Lord Chicken

There are times when this animal chicken comes as a blessing to you. She comes in different forms, as an egg, then in the red and yellow pack called 'Real Good chicken' then ofcourse the live one too.
The wide choices that she offers does not give you a chance to wonder what came first...Egg or the chicken? Who cares as long as she exists in both the forms, that too in abundance.
So when someone mentions the word chicken, what comes to your mind at first? The animal chicken or the rich mouth-watering aroma of chicken curry, chilli chiken, ginger chicken, chicken kabab, mughlai chicken...opps! sorry...I was getting carried away...ok Now back to the topic. So isn't that a proof of our cruelty? Why is chicken not being seen as an animal rather than a food item? Why is it not given the respect it deserves? Or is the chicken enjoying all the attention it is getting? Lol...
I normally eat the egg form of chicken which comes in a well packed white shell, which gets messy only if at there was an unnoticed crack while transporting it from the shop to your house, especially when you try to swing the polythene cover to the song you may be humming to, while walking. (Now that is one way of dis-respecting the egg which should be stopped). There are many ways with which you can get creative with an egg. I cannot help admitting how good I am at processing the egg to an omlette. There are almost 5 ways of making an omlette which I may write on in case anyone is interested to know.
I dont prefer the sight of chicken with blood and skin. It is a horrifying experience. It has some psychological effects on me. I may enjoy the dish, seperating the flesh from the bones and relishing it. But doesn't that make me sound like a beast? I dont deny because that does make me feel like one. You may get carried away eating it, but suddenly when you see the bones left on your plate, you wonder, Geez, where did all the flesh go? Is that all inside me? That makes me want to puke and let the animal out of me.
One blessing in situations as mentioned above is when it comes in the 'Real Good Chiken' pack. She is friendly. Does not show any tantrums. Very peaceful looking wonder which just waits patiently to be cooked and eaten.
I could go on and on writing about chicken. But this is all for now....

posted by confusionism at 3:19 PM

0 Comments:



Post a Comment

Email: confusionmeter@gmail.com
"In Love with myself"